Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mom's a Grouch

So, yesterday Mom didn't get up until wayyyyyy after breakfast time. I was starving, and I needed to go OUT. But I am good dog, so I didn't wake her up and I didn't do bad things. Then she gave me boring food even though I know there is pizza in the fridge. (Yep, Mom was BAD on Friday night, and got herself a pizza. I had some because I knocked the box off the stove with my nose. That'll teach her a lesson.)

Then she didn't take me for a walk even though the sun was nice and it was hot. OK, hot for me, but probly nice for Mom. Nope, I just sat in the melting snow pile in the back yard while Mom sat in front of this type-y thing and clicked. (Yes, I could hear, all the way from outside; I'm a DOG, I have good, if selective, hearing) [Note from Mom: I have five articles to write THIS WEEKEND. Time for walks? Not this weekend. Let's hope it's still nice tomorrow.] And she went up and down the stairs lots of times. [Mom note: Laundry. I had lots. I don't have a natural fur coat, so I must wash clothes from time to time.]

Finally it was dinner time, and Mom didn't let me in until AFTER she ate leftover pizza. I got the pizza bones [crusts] and got to lick the plate, but that's not like she's sharing. Then more boring dog food. It's OK. I think buffalos and deers must taste pretty good before they get turned into kibble. I've never seen a buffalo. [apparently she has a short memory; she has said this before. Mom]

But this morning, oh this morning! Mom baked something in the BIG white box with the stove on top (she didn't mix it up in a bowl first so it wasn't as good as the usual things that come out from there) and then put frostings on them. She took TWO on a plate with a cup of that icky stuff she drinks in the morning, and went to sit on the couch. I went to sit beside her. She said "Shoo!" (like that's gonna work. What am I, a bug? No, I am DOG!) and when she had a bite of one of the round things from her plate and held the rest of it in her hand, I took it and ran to my den under the table. Ha! She didn't even want it back. (Funny, because she lets me lick her hands and face. Why won't she eat food if my tongue touches it?)[ick. Mom] Then she finished the second one except for the last bite, because I eat fast and I got that too. She was mad. I told her we could share another, but she said our arteries were already clogging. I don't know what that means but it sounds bad. But the round frosted things were really good.

OK, Mom wants the type-y thing back. See you later!
WOOF! and ROOOooooo.
Kimiko

No comments:

Post a Comment